Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve tried to make the voting process as simple as possible, but if you’re having trouble voting or want more information on our processes, have a look at the questions and answers below.
- 1. How do I vote?
- 2. How can I be sure that the voting will be fair?
- 3. When will the voting open?
- 4. Is there an age limit for voting?
- 5. I haven't received my confirmation email or SMS mobile verification code – can you send it again?
- 6. Is there a limit on the number of times I can vote for a project?
- 7. Can I vote for a project that isn’t in the area that I live?
- 8. Do I have to be based in the UK to vote for a project?
- 10. I work for a large organisation with one IP address. Will all staff be able to vote?
- 11. How do I find out about winners?
- 12. Are transcripts available for the project films?
1. How do I vote?
Step 1 – find projects to vote for
Select a region on our map or list, by entering your postcode, or, if you are on a mobile, allow us to use your current location*.
You can vote for one project in each region per email address but your votes must all be placed at the same time.
Step 2 – click on a project in your chosen region
Watch the films to find out more about the projects and choose one to vote for within that region.
Step 3 – vote now
Once you have chosen a project, submit your vote or browse other regions to vote for projects in a different region.
All votes must be verified. You can choose for this to be either by mobile phone number or email address. If you wish to verify your vote(s) via a mobile phone you will be sent a text message containing a verification code. You will need to enter this code in the box specified on the voting page. In order for your vote to be counted, please make sure you submit the verification code before leaving the website.
If you choose to verify your vote(s) via email, please click the link sent to you in the email to confirm your vote. If you think the link has not been sent please remember to check your junk/spam folder.
There is a second option for people who cannot vote online subject to Terms and Conditions.
You can vote between 9am on Monday 1 April 2019 and midday on Monday 15 April 2019.
*Please note that the map and postcode finder are only an approximate guide and there is no guarantee you will be given your local ITV or STV region. If you can't find the project or region you want, please go to the list of regions.
2. How can I be sure that the voting will be fair?
Robust processes are in place to ensure the vote is fair and accurate. Voting is monitored and verified by an independent adjudicator, Electoral Reform Services.
3. When will the voting open?
Voting opens for all projects at 9am on Monday 1 April 2019 and closes at midday on Monday 15 April 2019.
4. Is there an age limit for voting?
We encourage everyone in the UK to take part. However, please make sure that you have read and complied with the terms and conditions and the information outlined about voting age, which states that those under the age of 13 should obtain parent/guardian consent before voting.
5. I haven't received my confirmation email or SMS mobile verification code – can you send it again?
If the vote confirmation email didn't reach you, please search your inbox, spam and junk folders for "The People's Projects". There may be a delay in receiving emails with some service providers, such as Hotmail and Yahoo.If the vote confirmation email didn't reach you, please search your inbox, spam and junk folders for "The People's Projects".
SMS mobile verification
You should receive your SMS mobile verification code instantly, if not, after 30 seconds, you should see a link to resend the SMS. If the SMS remains undelivered after an additional 1 minute, you will need to verify your vote via email. Please enter a valid email address and an email will be sent to you.
If you have still not received a text or email after two minutes please add email@example.com to your address book or safe-sender list – we will be sending another confirmation email to all unconfirmed voters towards the end of the voting period.
6. Is there a limit on the number of times I can vote for a project?
You can vote for one project in every region but your votes must all be placed at the same time. You must have a valid email address or a UK phone number to vote.
7. Can I vote for a project that isn’t in the area that I live?
Yes, you can vote for a nominated project based anywhere in the UK subject to the Terms and Conditions.
8. Do I have to be based in the UK to vote for a project?
To vote you must have a valid email address or mobile phone number and you will need to provide a UK postcode as part of your vote. If you choose to verify your vote via a mobile phone number, only UK mobile numbers will be accepted.
10. I work for a large organisation with one IP address. Will all staff be able to vote?
Yes, as long as they have a valid individual email address.
11. How do I find out about winners?
Winners will be announced on Thursday 18 April 2019 on their 6pm regional ITV or STV news broadcast. Winners will also be listed on this website after 6:30pm.