Terms & Conditions
“THE PEOPLE’S PROJECTS 2019” VOTE: VOTING INTERACTION INFORMATION
The projects that have been shortlisted for the vote will feature on any of the following:
- The relevant ITV or STV Regional News programme (each a “Programme” and together the “Programmes”),
- Online via National Lottery https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/; National Lottery Community Fund https://www.tnlcommunityfund.org.uk/; ITV www.itv.com; STV www.stv.tv and www.thepeoplesprojects.org.uk
- In selected National Lottery outlets and publications
Each project can apply for a grant of up to a maximum value of £50,000 (the “grants”). Individuals can vote for the projects to which they think the National Lottery Community Fund should award the grants in each of the following regions: Anglia East, Anglia West, Border, Calendar North, Calendar South, Central East, Central West, Granada, London, Meridian East, Meridian West, STV Central East, STV Central West, STV North, Tyne Tees, UTV, Cymru Wales, West Country East and West Country West, (the “Regions”).
You may vote for one of five projects per Region as featured on the relevant Programme. Those under the age of 13 should obtain parent/guardian consent before voting.
You may register your vote by one of the following methods
- Web: Users can vote at www.thepeoplesprojects.org.uk (the “Website”) and follow the instructions attached on the voting page. You must register online via the Website before you will be able to vote. Once you have registered via the Website, you have the option to verify your vote either by mobile phone or email address. If you select to verify with a mobile phone number, you will receive a verification PIN and votes will only be counted once the verification PIN has been inputted to the Website and you have followed the instructions. If you select to verify with an email address, you will receive an email with a verification link and votes will only be counted once you have clicked through on the verification link. There is no charge when voting via the Website, although internet service provider’s (“ISP”) fees may apply when you access the internet. Please refer to your ISP for more details.
- Post: Each project has been given a number of pre-addressed, pre-paid postcard votes. Users who are unable to vote online can obtain a postcard from the relevant project. Users should fill out the relevant details as instructed on the postcard and hand it back to the project, who will be responsible for posting it back using a pre-printed addressed envelope. You may only submit one postcard per region. Should you wish to vote for two or more regions, you will need to complete one postcard for every region you wish to vote for. All postcards can be obtained from and handed back to one project, regardless of which project or region you are voting for. The Promoters reserve the right to discount multiple votes for one region from a single voter.
The Promoters may permit certain reputable third parties to offer voting services and may count eligible votes received from such services during specified voting times in calculating the vote results. In the event of any conflict between these interaction terms and conditions and any third party’s terms and conditions in relation to the vote, these interaction terms and conditions shall prevail.
The Promoters are unable to confirm the integrity of and are not responsible for any vote services promoted outside the UK and Isle of Man or for any unofficial voting methods as these are not within their control. Votes must not be sent in through agents or on behalf of another person, and individuals cannot submit votes as an agent of any other person. The Promoters and the Programme producers reserve the right to discount votes if they have reasonable grounds to suspect they have been made from unofficial third party voting services or otherwise in breach of any applicable terms and conditions.
It is not possible to vote via any method not stated in these terms and conditions.
Voting opens on Monday 1 April 2019 at 9:00am and closes at noon on Monday 15 April 2019. Any votes received outside this period will not be included.
You may vote once per email address or mobile phone number per Region and all votes made online must be submitted at the same time. You may also vote once by post per Region. If you exceed this limit your vote will not be counted.
The Promoters reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any project for reasons including but not limited to, where, in the Promoters’ reasonable opinion, it seems likely that the relevant project has been the subject of voting, fraudulent or otherwise, which has had the effect of excessively manipulating or tampering with the outcome of the vote.
For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to prevent any project from soliciting votes in any media.
The three projects that receive the highest number of votes in each Region will each receive the grant that they applied for. The projects receiving the fourth and fifth highest number of votes in each region may receive a runners-up cash award up to a maximum value of £5,000 each, at the discretion of the National Lottery Community Fund.
The outcome of the vote will be shown on the Programmes during the week commencing 15 April 2019.
In the event that two or more projects receive an equal number of votes, then both/all of the projects will receive the relevant cash award (whether they are tied as winners or as runners-up) up to a maximum value of £50,000 each.
In the event that the outcome of a vote cannot be reasonably determined because of tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, error, technical failure or other circumstance beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters, which would corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the vote, then all or part of the vote may be cancelled, declared invalid or postponed and the Promoters’ decision will be final as to which of the projects (if any) are offered a grant. In reaching its decision, the National Lottery Community Fund will assess the circumstances with all the information that is reasonably available to it, including which projects had the most public support. The Promoters reserve the right to disqualify entries or suspend voting if there are reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent voting has occurred or there has been any attempt to dishonestly manipulate the vote. The Promoters shall have the right to substitute an alternative selection method at their absolute discretion.
Promoters for STV Regions: STV Central Limited & STV North Limited, Pacific Quay, Glasgow, G51 1PQ and The National Lottery Community Fund, 1 Plough Place, London EC4A 1DE
Promoters for ITV Regions: ITV Consumer Limited, 2 Waterhouse Square, 140 Holborn, London, EC1N 2AE and National Lottery Community Fund, 1 Plough Place, London EC4A 1DE
Award Provider: The National Lottery Community Fund, 1 Plough Place, London EC4A 1DE
The Promoters will only use your personal data for the administration and promotion of the People’s Projects.
For more information on how ITV uses your information, please refer to: https://www.itvstudios.com/assets/pdfs/programme-applicants-participants-contributors-audience.pdf
For more information on how the National Lottery Community Fund uses your information, please refer to: https://www.tnlcommunityfund.org.uk/about/customer-service/privacy-policy
ITV's General Competition, Prize Draw, Vote and Poll Terms and Conditions also apply. To view these, please click here.